How To Order Steel Wire Rope
1. Purpose: Application of the rope.
2. Construction: Number of strands, number of wires per strand and type
of strand construction.
3. Size: Diameter of the rope in millimeters or inches.
4. Lay: Right regular lay, left regular lay, right lang lay, or left lang lay.
5. Coating: Bright (Black, Ungalvanized) or galvanized or PVC coated.
6. Type of core: Fiber core (FC), independent wire rope core (IWRC), or
independent wire strand core (IWSC)
7. Grade of wires: Tensile strength of wires.
8. Break load: Minimum or calculated breaking load in KN or pounds.
9. Specification: Any recognized specification, if necessary.
10. Length: Length of Wire Rope in meters or feet.
11. Lubrication: Whether lubrication is required or not and necessary.
12. Packing: In coils wrapped with oil paper and hessian (or PP) cloth, or
on wooden reels
13. Quantity: By number of coils or reels, by length or weight.
14. Certificate: Mill certificate and / or a third party's inspection
certificate, if needed.
15. Remarks: Shipping marks and any other special requirements.